Thursday, February 11, 2010

life is a dance party

so we have been having nightly dance parties in the student center at the church.. and ive been loving it. even though i cant dance to save my life.. i have enjoyed being a 'gangsta' with my flat billed hat from walmart. we play tik tok and justin bieber on replay and just forget for a while that we have two tests in the morning and 8:00 classes. life is much simpler with dance parties thrown in, and its nice every once in a while to forget about the stresses of every day life.






here i go.. im fixing to get cheesy.. haha but Jesus is my dance party. i've been reading this book called knowledge of the holy, and its insane. tozer, the author, talks about how god is incomprehensible, and we can't even wrap our minds around his greatness. we try to make him tangible or think of him in our heads, but we cant even do that.




"left to ourselves we tend immediately to reduce god to manageable terms. we want to get him where we can use him, or at least know where he is when we need him... how can we christians satisfy our longing after him?"

how do we satisfy our longing for him? ... through jesus. jesus said that he is the only thing that satisfies, which is definitely something he has been teaching me. a boyfriend wont satisfy you, even if you think it will, or good grades, or even a trip to africa. Jesus, is the only thing that can satisfy that longing in our heart.

whats even cooler is:
that god can be known by our soul through a personal tender relationship with us, but at the same time remain infinitely aloof from the curious eyes of reason. its best summed up like this:

"god is darkness to intellect, but sunshine to the heart" --Frederick Fabe






god doesnt care that i figure everything out about him. he wants us just to know that we will never be able to understand his incomprehensible ways on earth. in the meantime, just rest in the beauty that is him. take a breath of fresh air beloved, he is saying, dont concern yourself with things too wonderful for you, let me take care of it.


may god give me a breath of fresh air, and realize that he is so holy and extravagant that my mind cant even wrap around it, but he desires to pursue me and have a personal relationship with me.







"let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for i have put my trust in you, show me the way i should go, for to you i lift up my soul" --psalm 143:8

No comments:

Post a Comment